Beef & Blue Cheese Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; spread over crust to within 2 in. of edges. Spoon beef mixture over top. Fold up edges of crust over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with blue cheese; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 328 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Nov 17, 2014
Did not like at all... didn't like the flavor combo of the sour cream and Italian seasoning with the blue cheese. Would not make again.
Jul 30, 2012
I liked this, and I think my husband REALLY liked it... next time I'll use about 1/2 this amount of bleu cheese, though.
Jul 15, 2012
I did a pizza variation for my kids with pizza sauce base and mozzerella cheese.
Aug 15, 2011
This recipe is super easy to assemble and bake, it is a real time saver with a great flavor! My husband also really enjoys this recipe because it is loaded with beef and blue cheese - his favorites. Highly recommended :)
Aug 7, 2011
We've added this to our favorite recipes list and have it regularly now. It is so easy to make and super satisfying. Great with a side salad.
May 31, 2011
Made this for the husband and he LOVED it and he is hard to please at times. The recipe was very simple and very fast and we are already planning on making it for my parents
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.