Beef Barbecue Biscuits
These little meat-filled cups are simple to prepare and make great finger food for meals and snacks. My husband and I enjoy them almost as much as our kids do!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the barbecue sauce, onion and brown sugar; set aside.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten into 5-in. circles. Press firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. Spoon 2 tablespoons of beef mixture into each cup; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 183 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Beef Barbecue Biscuits in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.