Beef Asparagus Roll-Ups
I first sample this hearty appetizer at a dinner party. These roll-ups were the first thing to disappear from the table. —Linda Senuta, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 to 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 slices deli roast beef
- 4 cooked asparagus spears, drained
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the sour cream, horseradish, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons mixture over each tortilla; top each with a slice of beef. Spread with remaining cream mixture. Place an asparagus spear at one end of a tortilla; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic. Repeat. Refrigerate roll-ups for at least 2 hours; cut into 1/2-in. slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 13 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Beef Roll-Ups in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips