Beef Asparagus Roll-Ups
I first sample this hearty appetizer at a dinner party. These roll-ups were the first thing to disappear from the table. —Linda Senuta, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 to 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 slices deli roast beef
- 4 cooked asparagus spears, drained
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the sour cream, horseradish, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons mixture over each tortilla; top each with a slice of beef. Spread with remaining cream mixture. Place an asparagus spear at one end of a tortilla; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic. Repeat. Refrigerate roll-ups for at least 2 hours; cut into 1/2-in. slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 13 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Beef Roll-Ups in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.