Beef and Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 173 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 20, 2011
Wonderful soup for a chilly night. Very easy to make.Have made this recipe several times now, we love it.
Oct 14, 2008
Simple, Quick, AND Yummy :)One I will make again for sure. (I served it immediatly, not sure if I will try freezing it)