- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBeef and Vegetable Soup
"Simple, quick, AND Yummy :)One I will make again for sure. (I served it immediatly, not sure if I will try freezing it)"