Beef and Spinach Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, garlic, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 2. Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 281 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Spinach Lasagna
"Delicious! I didn't have chopped onions or the dried basil. I used an Italian four cheeses blend in lieu of mozzarella. This is one dish the entire family enjoyed!"
"This has been the only Lasagna recipe I have used since I found it! easy and very DELICIOUS! So happy I found this recipe!"
"Simple and awesome!"
"Delicious! One of my family's favorite recipes. I usually add fresh sauteed mushrooms & use fresh cooked spinach instead."
"Delicious! My husband says 2 thumbs up!"
"Very good everyone I made it for asked for the recipe"
"This recipe sounds so very easy and it looks delicious. I cant wait to try it!!"
"So yummy! My whole family loves this. I have a very picky toddler who will eat every last bite of this recipe"
"Made this for my family last night and instead of making it in a 9X13 pan I put it into 2 foil cake pans and put one in the freezer for later. Everyone loved it!"
"My family loved this! In fact, my husband said this was the best lasagna I have ever made. The spinach added such a great texture."
"Quite tasty. Had to improvise a bit because I didn't have all the ingredients. Had to use cottage cheese and sour cream, ground turkey, and had to make tomato sauce from canned tomatoes."
"everybody in this house love it. its a great recipe and yes it will be made again in my house. thank you .EH"
"Very good & filling!"
"This is the first lasagna I've ever made and I've made it again and again! I have since created a more homemade version that replaces this recipe, but this is still great for a snappy and tasty lasagna. I recommend anyone to try it out."
"This lasagna is fabulous! I don't particularly like no cook lasagna noodles, so I opted for whole wheat noodles instead and WOW! The results were delicious! Can't wait to make this for my next dinner party!"
"Wonderful lasagna! My family's favorite!"
"Fantastic! My family loves it! this is one way to get teh kids to eat spinach!"
"This was very good and not that hard to make. My family loved it! Thank youCA"