- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, garlic, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBeef and Spinach Lasagna
"I made mine low calorie by not greasing the pan and draining the fat from the beef before adding the onions.The no cook noodles are thinner but I used regular cooked to save money. I must have not measured right because I needed to add extra sauce to the top. but there was plenty on the bottom before the first layer. I also found it easier to spread the ricotta mixture on the noodles rather than add sauce first. I altered the recipe and in the end it came out great.I covered the dish with foil and the mozarella stuck. Next time I will leave it looser."
"Absolutely delicious! I used fresh beet greens instead of spinach and it was the best lasagna I've ever had. It was so easy too. I would recommend this recipe to anyone."
"Delicious! I didn't have chopped onions or the dried basil. I used an Italian four cheeses blend in lieu of mozzarella. This is one dish the entire family enjoyed!"
"This has been the only Lasagna recipe I have used since I found it! easy and very DELICIOUS! So happy I found this recipe!"
"Simple and awesome!"
"Delicious! One of my family's favorite recipes. I usually add fresh sauteed mushrooms & use fresh cooked spinach instead."
"Delicious! My husband says 2 thumbs up!"
"Very good everyone I made it for asked for the recipe"
"This recipe sounds so very easy and it looks delicious. I cant wait to try it!!"
"So yummy! My whole family loves this. I have a very picky toddler who will eat every last bite of this recipe"