Beef and Sausage Soup Recipe
Everyone enjoys this soup, which is hardy and tasty. Each time I serve it, people seem to want the recipe. When that happens, I know it's appreciated!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, shaped into balls
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Brown beef on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Brown sausage on all sides. Drain fat. Return beef to Dutch oven and add remaining ingredients except potatoes and celery. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until beef is tender, about 1-1/2 hours. Add the potatoes and celery. Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 256 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Sausage Soup
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC