Beef and Rice for Two Recipe
Many casseroles make enough to feed a crowd, but this easy recipe is perfectly portioned for two people. It's a great find.—Emma Magielda, Amsterdam, New York
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked beef
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute rice in oil until golden brown. Add the water, bouillon, celery, green pepper, onion and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the beef. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cups: 536 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1180mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Rice for Two
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC