Beef and Rice for Two
Many casseroles make enough to feed a crowd, but this easy recipe is perfectly portioned for two people. It's a great find.—Emma Magielda, Amsterdam, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked beef
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute rice in oil until golden brown. Add the water, bouillon, celery, green pepper, onion and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beef. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 536 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1180mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Originally published as Beef and Rice for Two in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.