Beef and Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream and chives; fold in noodles. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the noodle mixture and meat mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 444 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 863mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2013
This is a family favorite! I stumbled on to this recipe on an insert in my Taste of Home years ago, we loved it then, and even more so today. It's super simple and oh-so good!
May 18, 2009
Tasty and just like lasagna-only easier to make