Beef and Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream and chives; fold in noodles. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the noodle mixture and meat mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 444 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 863mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Nov 6, 2013
This is a family favorite! I stumbled on to this recipe on an insert in my Taste of Home years ago, we loved it then, and even more so today. It's super simple and oh-so good!
May 18, 2009
Tasty and just like lasagna-only easier to make
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.