Beef and Mashed Potato Casserole
The tomato bisque soup adds an extra touch of hearty flavor...that's one reason it's one of my husband's favorites.—Debra Hufsey, Newland, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cream of tomato bisque soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 6 slices process cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, soup, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes and cheese slices. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 531 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 2002mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Beef and Mashed Potato Casserole in Country Ground Beef