Beef and Cheese Shells
This recipe was in a church cookbook my sister-in-law gave me after I got married. I make this casserole for new moms just home from the hospital and it's always well received—Cindy Vanderweele, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups Daisy small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 28 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stuff into pasta shells; arrange in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
To prevent cooked jumbo pasta shells from tearing, carefully remove them from the boiling water with a tong. Pour out any water inside shells. Drain on lightly greased waxed paper.