Beef and Cheese Shells
This recipe was in a church cookbook my sister-in-law gave me after I got married. I make this casserole for new moms just home from the hospital and it's always well received—Cindy Vanderweele, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 28 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stuff into pasta shells; arrange in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
To prevent cooked jumbo pasta shells from tearing, carefully remove them from the boiling water with a tong. Pour out any water inside shells. Drain on lightly greased waxed paper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 360 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Beef and Cheese Shells in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.