Beef and Cheese Loaf
Here's a really different way to enjoy the taste of a cheeseburger…only better! —Diane Martin, Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced white bread
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- Cut off top of bread; hollow out remainder to form a shell and set shell aside. Cut the top and the bread removed from inside into cubes; set aside 2 cups.
- In a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in green pepper, onion, seasonings and soup. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in reserved bread cubes. Spoon into bread shell; top with cheese slices.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cut into slices; serve immediately.
Originally published as Beef and Cheese Loaf in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips