- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into thin strips. Combine mustard, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl; add steak and toss to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add tomatoes, onion and bouillon. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in beans; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBeef and Beans
"Heard it was bland, we used Rotel canned diced tomatoes and chilis to add a kick, the hot mexican taste. Very good, served over mashed potatoes."
"Very good! I did add a couple splashes of Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce and I thought it was fantastic!"
"idea is good but not much flavor"
"Very, very, very good, and it used up some of the beef we had in the freezer!!!"
"Try adding some jarred banana peppers and some of the liquid from the jar, also add someMrs Dash Table Blend or for a little more kick, Lawry's seasoning salt. Sometimes we have to tweak the recipes to fit our family's taste."