- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (15-ounce) chili con carne with beans
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2-ounce) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups corn chips
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, celery, onion, green pepper and garlic until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in rice, chili, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, salt and tomatoes. Pour mixture into a 2-1/2-qt. casserole. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese and corn chips. Return to oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBeef, Rice and Chili Casserole
"Made this for a potluck at work and it went fast. Good comfort food on a cold day."