- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese,
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in Spanish rice and 1-1/4 cups enchilada sauce.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1/3 cup cheese; roll up.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10 enchiladas.
Reviews forBeef 'n' Rice Enchiladas
"Great recipe I love it"
"Haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds easy and tasty. One suggestion-- I make my own enchilada sauce with pantry ingredients. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and can't be beat for flavor OR price."
"This was such a good recipe. We put some guacamole on top as well, and everyone loved it. We will definitely make this again."
"I made this for my family tonight and it was delicious!! I love Taste of Home. We cook from the books about 4 times a week!"
"This is amazing! I used Old El Paso medium ench. sauce, and the spiciness was just right. The only problem I had was stretching the filling to fit 10 tortillas, so I made 8 fuller ones, which is perfect for our fam of 4!!"
"These are quick, easy and very flavorful. Usually I make a recipe "as is" before I spice things up a bit, but not with this one, it's so easy to tweak. I doubled everything except the sauce & cheese & used 10" tortillas. I added 2 envelopes of taco seasoning to the meat- 1 regular & 1 spicy. I used 2 cans of enchilada sauce mixed together- 1 spicy red & 1 mild green. I used 2 packages of rice mix- 1 Spanish & 1 Mexican & added a cup of enchilada sauce to the rice with a bit of water when making. Took longer to heat thru because of my changes, but was hot & bubbly in about 25 minutes. I would definately make these again, the 10" tortillas made a nice big serving & fit in my glass pan perfectly. Leftovers are excellent too, just enough zip for heat lovers."
"Pretty good and certainly didn't hear any complaints. These are certainly easy to make. I used the Mexican Rice/Roni and didn't add another thing. We topped them with salsa, sour cream, green onions and olives. Left overs tonight. I did spray the pan with cooking spray and was glad I did. They did take a little longer to get hot but sat a bit before going into the oven as my guys weren't home from work yet. We also really like the Creamy chicken Enchilidas made with the Cream of chicken soup. Yumm"
"Excellent meal - family loved it! Simple to prepare and always seem to have these ingredients on hand. We will definitely be making again."
"These are very tasty! And they are simple to make. It makes for a quick, budget friendly meal."
"My mom said these were the best homemade beef enchiladas she's ever had. :)"