Beef ‘n’ Rice Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in Spanish rice and 1-1/4 cups enchilada sauce.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese; roll up.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until the cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 415 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1141mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 15, 2019
My family loved these! I added chili powder to the rice-beef mixture to add a little more spice. It was an easy weeknight meal!
May 30, 2018
This is delicious! I used rice a roni mexican & added a can of black beans as others suggested. It makes a very large batch so I made enough for us & froze the filling for another time & it worked out great! I will be making this regularly.
May 3, 2018
This recipe was delicious and leftovers were good too.
Jan 3, 2018
Very good. Simple to prepare.
Aug 8, 2017
Great recipe I love it
Apr 26, 2017
Haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds easy and tasty. One suggestion-- I make my own enchilada sauce with pantry ingredients. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and can't be beat for flavor OR price.
Jan 21, 2017
This was such a good recipe. We put some guacamole on top as well, and everyone loved it. We will definitely make this again.
Nov 30, 2016
I made this for my family tonight and it was delicious!! I love Taste of Home. We cook from the books about 4 times a week!
Sep 4, 2016
This is amazing! I used Old El Paso medium ench. sauce, and the spiciness was just right. The only problem I had was stretching the filling to fit 10 tortillas, so I made 8 fuller ones, which is perfect for our fam of 4!!
Jul 27, 2016
These are quick, easy and very flavorful. Usually I make a recipe "as is" before I spice things up a bit, but not with this one, it's so easy to tweak. I doubled everything except the sauce & cheese & used 10" tortillas. I added 2 envelopes of taco seasoning to the meat- 1 regular & 1 spicy. I used 2 cans of enchilada sauce mixed together- 1 spicy red & 1 mild green. I used 2 packages of rice mix- 1 Spanish & 1 Mexican & added a cup of enchilada sauce to the rice with a bit of water when making. Took longer to heat thru because of my changes, but was hot & bubbly in about 25 minutes. I would definately make these again, the 10" tortillas made a nice big serving & fit in my glass pan perfectly. Leftovers are excellent too, just enough zip for heat lovers.