- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In the same pan, melt butter. Add the cheese, milk and salt; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Drain beef. Stir beef and macaroni into cheese sauce; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBeef 'n' Cheese Macaroni
"This is a great starter recipe for anyone who thinks they can't cook, or even if you know you can cook. My eight year old helped prepare it with me, basically doing it all on her own. We added frozen peas for some color and nutrition of course."