- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, green pepper, olives, salt, chili powder, garlic and cumin. Remove from the heat.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. Spread meat mixture over cut sides; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBeef 'n' Cheese French Bread
"LOVE!! Our kids ask for seconds and thirds!! We almost never have leftovers! And if we do they are gone by lunch next day. Big hit with parties as pot luck functions!!"
"I used salsa verde' in place of the regular salsa and left out the olives. We enjoyed these."
"This was okay but honestly I would just rather make a french bread pizza. Something just wasn't quite right with the flavor."
"very filling, husband loves it!"
"My family devoured this for supper! I did not use the green peppers or the olives as my family is a little odd and don't like them (ugh!). This was very filling as my kids did not ask for anything else to eat the remainder of the night! Thank you for this quick and easy recipe. We will be making again."