- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly slice dried beef, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mild pepper rings, drained and chopped*
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced round rye bread
- Assorted raw vegetables
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sour cream. Stir in beef, onions, peppers and Worcestershire sauce. cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube removed bread and top of loaf; set aside.
- Fill bread shell with beef mixture. Wrap in foil; place on baking sheet. Bake at 350* for 60-70 minutes or until heated through. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 3 cups.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving (3 tablespoons dip) equals 159 calories, 6 g fat, (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiver, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
- *Editor's Note: Mild pepper rings come in jars and can be found in the pickle and olive aisle of most grocery stores.
- 16 servings, 3 tablespoons per serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forBeef 'n' Cheese Dip
"You can even make this a meal if you want to! Super Bowl?! We did!"
"Wow!! What a fantastic dip!! The flavors all meld together so wonderfully in that cheesy, gooey; oh behave yourself way....that you can't help but have yourself another spoonful!!"