Beef 'n' Biscuit Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, corn, soup, milk, onion, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, brush all sides of biscuits with butter; roll in cornmeal. Place on top of bubbling meat mixture. Return to oven 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned and cooked through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 439 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1180mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Biscuit Bake
"I will make this again.. I liked the idea of adding sweet pepper Will try that the ext time I make it."
"Needs a lot of help. Spices etc. will try again but change a lot !!"
"This was excellent - I made it for dinner tonight and it was a hit! I used frozen corn, thawed, and added 1/4 cup of minced sweet red and green peppers. I also substituted white Pepper Jack cheese for the processed cheese (I'm allergic to Annatto, the yellow food dye used in many cheeses and too many other food products). After baking, I did need to flip the biscuits over onto a baking sheet for 5 more minutes to bake them through. I will definitely be making this again. Thank you for this recipe, Erin!"
"I make a similar casserole, but I use Picante sauce, I can tomato sauce, garlic powder and chili powder, and a little sugar, instead of the tomato soup. After I put the meat, corn, and sauces into casserole dish, I use shredded sharp or extra-sharp cheese, over the top. I then cut biscuits in half, dredge in melted butter and roll in a mixture of cornmeal, garlic powder, and paprika. I lay the biscuits around the edges and use the remaining biscuits to make a flower pattern in the center. I bake at 375 deg. F, for15 to 20 min. or until biscuits are brown. I have made this for church functions many times. There is never any left!"
"Very bland, little flavor, and the biscuits weren't done."
"My biscuits were still doughy on the bottom half but the rest of the dish was good. We did enjoy it but will make the biscuits separate next time."
"This is one of the best dishes I have ever made. My fiance begs me to make it every time we have company. Made it once for my church small group and they all loved it."
"This was a good casserole. Very filling."