- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with garlic and onions, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until beef is tender. Cool. Transfer to two freezer bags or containers, 4 cups in each. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews forBeef 'n' Bean Starter
"Great tasting, convenient make ahead. Compliments everytime I take it to someone."