- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Remove 1/4 cup mixture to a large bowl; add beef and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil. Add half of the beef mixture; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Repeat with an additional 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining beef mixture.
- Stir-fry water chestnuts and green onions in remaining canola oil 30 seconds. Stir in spinach and remaining hoisin mixture; cook until spinach is wilted. Return beef to pan; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti; add to beef mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with chili pepper. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forBeef & Spinach Lo Mein
"This meal was great and out of this world. I will be using this recipe again and on a regular basis. Thank you so much A"
"Lovely flavour. Didn't use water chestnuts as don't like them. Next time would add some extra vegies. All in all a wonderful dish. Really enjoyed this and gave it a 9/10. Thanks for the recipe."
"This entree is amazing! Very simple and once you purchase the sesame oil and hoisen sauce its basic kitchen pantry staples. It only takes about 20 minutes to throw together, especially when cooking the noodles via microwave. Very impressed. Very flavorful. I make it about every 2 weeks! Everyone loves it in our house. I'm going to try it with chicken next."
"Amazing flavors will definitely add to my rotation"
"Love, love, love this recipe. Tried it tonight and the whole family loved it...as is!"
"Love the freshness in recipe."
"I love stir fry because it is so simple to make. The flavors were spot-on. I will definitely make it again."