Beef & Roasted Pepper Pinwheels Recipe
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled farmer or ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 slices deli roast beef
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each tortilla; layer with basil leaves, red peppers and beef. Spread mayonnaise over beef. Roll up tightly; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Unwrap and cut each into eight slices. Yield: 2 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the roll-ups the day before; remove plastic wrap and slice as needed.
1 piece: 42 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.