Beef & Broccoli Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute beef in oil until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the broccoli, soup, soy sauce, vinegar and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 257 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1199mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Beef & Broccoli Skillet
"This recipe is very simple to make and easy to customize. I originally made the recipe as written but I wasn't fond of the sauce - too much tomato. I simply added a touch of honey to take away some of the tang and we really liked it. We also used gluten-free soy sauce and cauliflower rice with GREAT results."
"I love this! I used low sodium soy sauce."
"I love beef & broccoli but this recipe has way to much sodium. (1,199mg)"
"We really enjoyed this, will add onion and 1/2 cup of beef broth next time.. but way good, just the way it is"
"Very good and easy."
"oh my goodness, i didn't have reg soy sauce just the dark one. the whole concoction looked like black molasses. it looked so horrible and the meat was tough, i had used chuck steak. guess i chose the wrong cut huh? but it didnt taste too bad. will try it again when i get the correct soy sauce. any suggestions as far as what cut of beef to use so that it will be tender?"
"We loved it! What a nice answer to "whats for dinner""