- 1 teaspoon instant espresso or other coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve espresso granules in boiling water. Stir in the egg, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into sugar mixture until blended.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and brownies begin to pull away from sides of dish. Cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 brownies.
Reviews forBedtime Brownies
"OK, so the flavor on these brownies was very good - but the cooking time is wrong. I baked for 20 min (the minimum) and they were too hard & chewy. I will make them again, but I will try reducing the oven temp or time. Once again, the flavor was great."