Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
Beans with Cherry Tomatoes is a favorite of my family. We love this dressed-up version of garden green beans. It's great with any meat.—Betty Brown, Buckley, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute beans for 12-14 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with bacon and almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 72 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Beans with Cherry Tomatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2001