Beans & Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Remove garlic and discard. Add onions to pan; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 138 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Sep 11, 2011
I also add some red pepper flakes.
Sep 11, 2011
I make this with kale instead of spinach. One of our favorite side dishes.
Mar 9, 2011
I dont really like spinach but love this recipe-I throw in a handful of walnuts to toast rite after i remove the garlic-yum!
Jul 28, 2010
Just ok, needs more flavor
Jul 19, 2010
Very nice side dish! I rendered some bacon fat and sautéed the garlic and onions in it (so it wasn't a heart-healthy version). I love garlic, so I didn't discard it. I also love onions, but I found that 1 large onion was plenty. Will definitely make this again!