Beans ‘n’ Greens
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) cut green beans, drained
- 8 cups torn lettuce
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Pour over green beans; toss to coat. let stand for 15 minutes. Just before serving, drain beans, reserving the marinade.
- In a salad bowl, combine the beans, lettuce, spinach and Swiss cheese. Drizzle with the reserved marinade and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 161 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 30, 2017
Super! So tasty! Received rave reviews when I served this at a large family gathering.
Mar 31, 2011
I wasn't fond of this salad. Maybe as suggested, fresh green beans would make it taste better.
Feb 28, 2009
This dish has a lot of potential. I would HIGHLY recommend not only halfing or quatering the recipe (I made half and it would serve at least 10 guests), but it would be much tastier and fresher if you use fresh or blanched green beans. If you follow these modifications, I think this is a salad you can comfortably serve company.