- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) cut green beans, drained
- 8 cups torn lettuce
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Pour over green beans; toss to coat. let stand for 15 minutes. Just before serving, drain beans, reserving the marinade.
- In a salad bowl, combine the beans, lettuce, spinach and Swiss cheese. Drizzle with the reserved marinade and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14-18 servings.
Reviews forBeans 'n' Greens
"Super! So tasty! Received rave reviews when I served this at a large family gathering."
"I wasn't fond of this salad. Maybe as suggested, fresh green beans would make it taste better."
"This dish has a lot of potential. I would HIGHLY recommend not only halfing or quatering the recipe (I made half and it would serve at least 10 guests), but it would be much tastier and fresher if you use fresh or blanched green beans. If you follow these modifications, I think this is a salad you can comfortably serve company."