Bean Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound smoked sausage, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 341 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1470mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2019
I've made this for years, and my family loves it. I substitute green beans for lima beans. I also add pepper, oregano, minced onion and a tbsp of beef bouillion.
Feb 27, 2015
This was ok. Not really a soup though.
Mar 26, 2014
Feb 21, 2009
I used one 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes. Also added one cup of chicken broth. Tasted rather bland, so I added one teaspoon each of: chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and corriander. Also added some chopped onion and red pepper. Simmered for about 30 minutes to one hour.