Bean Salad Medley
Forget to plan a dish for the neighborhood potluck? Heather Molzan of Edmonton, Alberta offers a speedy solution from the pantry that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser. "Additional veggies give traditional bean salad an extra boost of flavor," she notes. "It tastes just as good when made a day or two ahead of time."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 173 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Bean Salad Medley in Quick Cooking September/October 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.