Bean ‘N’ Rice Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 12 slices
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, garlic powder and cumin; heat through. Stir in the rice. Spoon about 1/3 cupful off-center on each tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 460 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2011
Inexpensive, filling and delicious. The second time I tried it I added 1/2 tbsp of taco seasoning and some pepper for extra taste. I also use cheddar instead of processed cheese. This was so good I will definitely be making this often.
Nov 23, 2010
My two year old loves these. She ate 3 by herself and she is a very picky eater.
Aug 23, 2010
This was very tasty. Next time, I would decrease the garlic to 1 t., add about 1/2 c. salsa and use shredded cheese instead of Velveeta.