Bean ‘N’ Rice Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 12 slices
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, garlic powder and cumin; heat through. Stir in the rice. Spoon about 1/3 cupful off-center on each tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 460 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Mar 3, 2011
Inexpensive, filling and delicious. The second time I tried it I added 1/2 tbsp of taco seasoning and some pepper for extra taste. I also use cheddar instead of processed cheese. This was so good I will definitely be making this often.
Nov 23, 2010
My two year old loves these. She ate 3 by herself and she is a very picky eater.
Aug 23, 2010
This was very tasty. Next time, I would decrease the garlic to 1 t., add about 1/2 c. salsa and use shredded cheese instead of Velveeta.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.