Bean N Corn Salad Recipe
In Maple Creek, Saskatchewan, Glenda Parsonage stirs together a colorful medley of beans, peppers, corn and other vegetables, then marinates it overnight in a tasty sweet dressing.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, optional
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and salt; cover and shake well until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Bean N Corn Salad
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2014
"I was asked to bring a veggie salad to a Fourth of July picnic so I immediately thought of this one. I had made it before several years ago and it was a hit both times. I will be making it many times in the future!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC