Bean N Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, optional
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and salt; cover and shake well until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Jul 7, 2014
I was asked to bring a veggie salad to a Fourth of July picnic so I immediately thought of this one. I had made it before several years ago and it was a hit both times. I will be making it many times in the future!
Mar 18, 2014
I just LOVE this salad. I enjoy making this gem of a delightful salad to share at potlucks. It's a great way to eat your veggies; all at the same time! The marinade is awesome and tangy. You'll receive raves for this salad.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.