- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple pancake syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute apple and onion until tender. Stir in the beans, raisins and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Brush chops with syrup; sprinkle with the salt and remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until the meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBean and Pork Chop Bake
"This is a great-tasting recipe! The apples and pork go so well together, and then with the cinnamon and raisins - YUM!"
"Should the beans be undrained when added to the apple mixture? This was very good. Next time, I'd like to add some garden squash to the bean and apple mixture."
"My fiance is a VERY picky eater. He's worse than my two year old. He loved this dish! The pork chops came out tender with a sweet flavor. It was very good. I also made it with ranch style beans and excluded the raisins. Im making this again tonight for his little sister =] shes sleeping over tonight."
"It doesn't get any easier. The house smelled wonderful! True comfort food..."