In Concord, California, Maureen De Garmo assembles this pleasant pasta medley that's brimming with ham, corn and black beans. "If you'd like, you can thicken the juices with cornstarch to make a sauce," she adds.
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash ground cumin
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add pasta; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Do not drain. Stir in the beans, corn, ham and seasonings; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bean and Ham Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p51