Bean and Carrot Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 4 minutes. Add the beans; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; chill in ice water. Drain and pat dry; place in a large bowl. Add radishes and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, sugar, mustard, garlic, salt and cumin. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 53 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Bean and Carrot Salad
"I added more carrots and used celery instead of radish and onion... yummy!"