Either leftover roast beef or deli beef works well in this recipe from Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington. To complement the hearty quesadillas, she dresses up purchased salsa.
Recommended: 30 Mexican Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 2 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, cilantro and lime juice. In another bowl, combine the beans, corn and 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Set remaining salsa mixture aside.
- Place beef, cheese and bean mixture on half of each tortilla; fold over. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, using additional oil as needed. Cut into wedges. Serve with reserved salsa mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Bean 'N' Beef Quesadillas in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p46
Reviews forBean 'N' Beef Quesadillas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2016
"good flavor good way to use up leftover beef, most of the flavor depends on your choice of salsa"
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2015
"yummy 5 stars!"