BBQ Shrimp Quesadillas
“My husband loves corn, shrimp and anything with barbecue sauce. One night, when I was low on groceries, ideas and time, I went to the garden and this recipe was born. He loves it!” —Christine Parsons, Bountiful, Utah
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa and additional barbecue sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, lime zest, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove corn from cobs. Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Chop shrimp and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, corn and onions until crisp-tender. Add shrimp; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over half of the tortillas. Spoon shrimp mixture over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Cook on a griddle coated with cooking spray over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and additional barbecue sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla (calculated without salsa and additional barbecue sauce): 648 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1066mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Off Your Cob BBQ Shrimp Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011