BBQ Shrimp Quesadillas
“My husband loves corn, shrimp and anything with barbecue sauce. One night, when I was low on groceries, ideas and time, I went to the garden and this recipe was born. He loves it!” —Christine Parsons, Bountiful, Utah
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa and additional barbecue sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, lime zest, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove corn from cobs. Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Chop shrimp and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, corn and onions until crisp-tender. Add shrimp; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over half of the tortillas. Spoon shrimp mixture over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Cook on a griddle coated with cooking spray over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and additional barbecue sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla (calculated without salsa and additional barbecue sauce): 648 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1066mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Off Your Cob BBQ Shrimp Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.