“My husband loves corn, shrimp and anything with barbecue sauce. One night, when I was low on groceries, ideas and time, I went to the garden and this recipe was born. He loves it!” —Christine Parsons, Bountiful, Utah
Recommended: 30 Chicken Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa and additional barbecue sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil, lime peel, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove corn from cobs. Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Chop shrimp and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, corn and onions until crisp-tender. Add shrimp; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over half of the tortillas. Spoon shrimp mixture over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Cook on a griddle coated with cooking spray over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and additional barbecue sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Shrimp Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p33
Reviews forBBQ Shrimp Quesadillas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2011
"this is a easy recipe and nice to make in the summer, it is nice and light with good flavor"