BBQ Pork & Peppers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place chops in a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with onion, peppers and barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until pork is tender. If desired, top with chopped fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 chop with 3/4 cup sauce: 291 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Mar 20, 2020
i tried it and it was delicious meat just melted in your mouth, now trying with ribs
Feb 22, 2020
Next time I might sear those chops just a bit prior to putting them in the slow cooker. And I may put them on top of the veggies rather than underneath.
Feb 14, 2020
Delicious! Chops were moist and tender. Next time I will add some minced garlic and a can of pineapple chunks, because...well...garlic and pineapple! Thank you, Rachael!
Nov 23, 2019
Easy to fix. I used Hawaiian style bar be cue sauce.
Nov 12, 2019
Did not have enough flavor for my husband and I
Mar 14, 2019
yummy feeling hungry... https://47biz.com
Dec 22, 2018
Easy to make. The pork was very tender.
Aug 2, 2015
So easy and very yummy! A perfect recipe for a weeknight meal. It's a great combination of flavors and is so easy to put together before leaving for work. Smells great when you get back home and are ready to serve.