BBQ Hoedown Tacos
Here's a family friendly twist on traditional tacos. It's easy to make after a long day at work. I serve it on toasted flour tortilla, which is a healthy alternative to a fried shell. To toast the flour tortillas, fold them in half, without creasing bottom. Pop into a long slotted toaster and toast to golden brown. They will be in a natural taco shape and ready to eat. —Denise Pounds, Hutchinson, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup green goddess salad dressing
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the barbecue sauce, chilies, coriander, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw mix and salad dressing; toss to coat. On each tortilla, layer cheese, beef mixture and coleslaw; fold to close.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 722 calories, 44g fat (16g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 1803mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as BBQ Hoedown Tacos in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3