BBQ Chip-Crusted Orange Roughy
“This easy and delectable recipe actually converted me to a fish lover,” writes Geraldine Buba from Palos Hills, Illinois. “It was given to me by a fishmonger decades ago and is frequently requested by family and friends. Even those who don’t like fish like this recipe!” TIP: Tilapia or other white fish make easy substitutions for the orange roughy fillets in Geraldine’s recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed barbecue potato chips
- Tartar sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place orange roughy in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine lemon juice and butter; pour over fillets. Top with crushed potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tartar sauce if desired.
Editor's Note: This recipe uses plain, not ridged potato chips.
Originally published as BBQ Chip Crusted Orange Roughy in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.