- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 8 slices
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 large eggs
- In a small saucepan, combine chicken, barbecue sauce and cilantro; heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add polenta; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving plate; keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook until desired doneness, turning after whites are set, if desired. Serve over polenta with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBBQ Chicken Polenta with Fried Egg
"Hubby an I tried this morning and we thought it was great. The cilantro really set it off. This will be put into our brunch rotation. Thanks for the recipe."
"I saw this recipe in the Apr/May 2013 issue of TOH & was intrigued. The only thing I did differently was to use vegetarian chicken style shreds and chipotle flavored BBQ sauce. It was really good & would be suitable to serve at any meal!"