In Wisconsin, brats are a food group! We are always looking for new ways to cook them. This recipe is easy and a hit at any tailgate party or cookout, any time of year. —Jessica Abnet, DePere, Wisconsin
Featured In: 29 Recipes For Ballpark-Favorite Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 Johnsonville® Original Brats
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- Spicy brown mustard
- Grill bratwursts, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10 minutes, turning frequently. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix the beer, ketchup and barbecue sauce; pour over the bratwursts. Cook, covered, on low for 3-4 hours or until cooked through. Place bratwursts on buns. Serve with mustard and, if desired, cooking liquid. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Brats in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p73