BBQ Beef Brisket with Horseradish Cream Recipe
Chipotle peppers give a nice hint of heat to tender slices of oven-braised brisket. The cool, creamy horseradish sauce also adds a bit of zip.—Janine Talley, Orlando, Florida
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Sprinkle brisket with pepper and salt. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, brown meat in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, saute onions until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return brisket to the pan. Add the broth, barbecue sauce, thyme and chipotle peppers. Bring to a boil. Cover and bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream, sour cream, vinegar, horseradish and salt until thickened. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 4. Remove brisket to a serving platter. Skim fat from cooking juices; discard thyme sprigs. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with cooking juices and horseradish cream. Yield: 10 servings (1-1/4 cups horseradish cream).
1 each: 404 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1077mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for BBQ Beef Brisket with Horseradish Cream
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC