- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. In another bowl, combine the bacon, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, onion and steak seasoning; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over buns; top each with a burger, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBBQ Bacon Burgers
"Excellent! Very juicy and tasty!"
"Swapped out the mayo for sour cream, Penzey's Northwoods seasoning. Ended up using bacon as a topping rather than in the meat due to cook's error. Juicy, fantastic burger. Will definitely be in the regular rotation."
"This was so good! DH really liked it. I used pre-cooked bacon to speed up prep time."
"These are fantastic. I added an egg and some breadcrumbs; they were delicious. The sauce is a must."
"maybe I made this wrong but it didnt turn out to good. I used mircule whip instead of mayo, maybe thats what made the sauce bad?"
"Tasty & easy to prepare - def make again."
"Absolutely delicious. I didn't have dried minced onion so I substituted minced onion soften in the microwave. I am anxious to make these again!"
"This was a very flavorful burger. I substituted real bacon bits since I didn't have any bacon hand."