BBQ Bacon Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. In another bowl, combine the bacon, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, onion and steak seasoning; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over cut sides of bun bottoms. Layer with a lettuce, burger and tomato. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 564 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 928mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 3, 2015
Excellent! Very juicy and tasty!
Aug 31, 2015
Delicious, juicy burgers! I used ground turkey and turkey bacon (which I did not cook before I made the burgers, I just chopped it up and added it the meat). I used Worcestershire pub burger seasoning in place of the steak seasoning.
Jul 2, 2015
Swapped out the mayo for sour cream, Penzey's Northwoods seasoning. Ended up using bacon as a topping rather than in the meat due to cook's error. Juicy, fantastic burger. Will definitely be in the regular rotation.
Jun 22, 2014
This was so good! DH really liked it. I used pre-cooked bacon to speed up prep time.
Jan 3, 2013
These are fantastic. I added an egg and some breadcrumbs; they were delicious. The sauce is a must.
Jan 13, 2012
maybe I made this wrong but it didnt turn out to good. I used mircule whip instead of mayo, maybe thats what made the sauce bad?
Dec 8, 2011
Tasty & easy to prepare - def make again.
Aug 10, 2011
Absolutely delicious. I didn't have dried minced onion so I substituted minced onion soften in the microwave. I am anxious to make these again!
May 24, 2011
My husband and I love these! We have also made them a little lower fat with lean ground beef and turkey bacon!
Feb 8, 2011
This was a very flavorful burger. I substituted real bacon bits since I didn't have any bacon hand.